Thursday, September 3, 2020

Post 1: My news Sources

 In todays world there are so many ways to get access to the latest and most popular news. The list could go on and on however below I have listed my top 5 news sources and an explanation as to why I choose them.


1. Instagram: https://about.instagram.com/blog

I use Instagram on a daily basis. I use it to catch up on my friends and families latest posts and also to see what my favorite celebrities are up to. I follow an instagram account called lifeandstyleweekly, they post about popular news regarding celebrities and their latest drama stories. I find that stuff interesting and I enjoy keeping up with it all. I am also able to go onto my explore page and see topics related to movies & tv shows, style updates, health and wellness, and much more!

2. Twitter: https://twitter.com/TwitterNews?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Twitter is not only a great app to post your opinions/feelings, but it is also a great way to be informed on whats going on in the world. There is a category for "trending" which shows news stories about the top trending conversations on twitter. For example, right now when I go to the news trending tab the first three things that pop up are;

-Business & Finance: "People are rushing to invest in Apple and Tesla after stock split"

-US News: "One shot and killed as Trump supporters and counter-protesters clashed in Portland"

-US election: "Video of Any Barkan is manipulated to add words in a Joe Biden interview"

You are able to see the top latest news with just the click of a button. 

3. CNN: https://www.cnn.com

I have always trusted CNN news and I always rely on them to give their audience true and valid information. According to Forbes.com, "Among total viewers, CNN finished in second place in prime with 2.510 million viewers, followed by MSNBC with 2.266 million."

4. Snapchat: https://www.snapchat.com

Pretty much everyone knows about Snapchat/has a Snapchat. We Snapchat our friends, family, family friends, co-workers, etc. We post pictures and videos of our life for our followers to see. There are also news subscriptions you can follow on Snapchat. I follow Cosmopolitan, YoutuberNews, Cosmo Stories, and Self. There are hundreds of other news subscriptions that people also follow, I just happen to only follow a few.

5. Buzzfeed: https://www.buzzfeednews.com

"BuzzFeed, Inc. is an American Internet media, news and entertainment company with a focus on digital media". A lot of their content is related to quizzes, pop culture articles, politics, the environment, DIYs, etc. Buzzfeed is more of a fun and entertaining news source. Not the most reliable because pretty much anyone can make a post, however it is still a fun site to peek around on.



No comments:

Post a Comment

FINAL Blog Post

 The online world is crazy and has evolved so much over the past years. Although there are many benefits to media, there can also be some do...